The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events. The Information Assurance Support will assist with ensuring that all duties and responsibilities outline in DoD Directive 8500.2 are met entirely. The preferred candidate will ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances, supervisory need-to-know authorization, and are informed of their IA responsibilities before being granted access to MCTOG information systems. Additionally, initiate protective or corrective measures when an IA incident or vulnerability is discovered; ensure that IA and IA-enabled software, hardware, and firmware comply with appropriate security configuration guidelines; ensure that MCTOG information system recovery processes are monitored and that IA features and procedures are properly restored; ensure that all MCTOG information system IA-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals; and implement and enforce all DoD information system IA policies and procedures, as defined by its security certification and accreditation documentation.
to learn more about Development Transformations.Key Accountabilities
- Perform weekly ACAS Scans of target systems and devices on the MCTOG networks.
- Monitor mitigation efforts of other Communication Division teams to ensure vulnerabilities are addressed.
- Research and track Accreditation Packages for all systems used by MCTOG.
- Assist with preparation and modifications of Certification and Accreditation packages for both garrison and exercise support networks.
- Assist with monitoring and improving the MCTOG Information Security Posture.
- Process and perform quality control on Systems Authorization Access Request (SAAR) forms.
- Regularly perform audits of network and server policies and procedures as directed by the Information Assurance Manager.
- Assist with the development and modification of the MCTOG Information Systems Security Plan and other relevant command policy and procedures.
- Serve as an IA representative on the Incident Response Team as required.
- Assist with conducting risk assessments for the command with respect to information security.
- Monitor and ensure commands compliance with published IA policy and guidance; at a minimum, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Information Assurance
Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) and Bulletins (IAVB), Operational Directives, and Cyber Command Task Orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be knowledge of DOD and USMC IA Policy and guidance.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
- Familiar with RMF (Risk Management Framework).
Experience and Education
- Associates Degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Information Assurance.
- Former military experience desired, USMC preferred.
- Practical experience in the use of ACAS scanning software; knowledge and experience with McAfee Host Based Security System.
- Practical experience in developing technical policies and procedures.
- Certifications required per DODINST 8570:
o CCNA Security
o Security+ CE
- Certifications desired:
o Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
o Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional
o Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
o Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- A combination of education and experience that displays the requisite skillset is considerable.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
- occasional field/tactical environments
- occasional extended working hours will be required
- schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
- Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
- May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance.
- Accordingly, a valid passport is required.
- Travel is estimated to be up to 30%.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. Development Transformations, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.