DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com
DT Global is seeking a Program Associate (PA) to support its programming in Iraq. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Program Associate (PA)will serve as a supporting member of the home office program management unit (PMU). The PA manages client contracts, supports project field operations, and coordinates home office project backstopping. The PA supports overall operational, contractual, and financial management of the project, and coordination and management of field office operational staff. The PA contributes to business development efforts and participates in divisional and corporate initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have specific technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas: governance programming, grant development, civil society capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, gender mainstreaming, media, or a related field. The PA is expected to execute all administrative duties and technical support required for DT Global’s Iraq portfolio.
- Support the Program Manager in program and operational support, including logistical and administrative support, and communication to local partners and subcontractors.
- Assist with all aspects of general office coordination; coordinating appointments, preparing/disseminating materials, formatting letters and presentations;
- Ensure all project files are complete and stored properly (electronic and hard copies);
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare reports as requested;
- Coordinate international travel related to program activities. Ensure all travel requests are responded timely, efficiently and arrangements are in compliance with USG procedures;
- Review invoices, draft payment requests for operational expenses, office supplies and stationery;
- Actively initiate and/or participate in the development and writing of proposals and concept papers;
- Provide technical input and support for program design, training, workshops and meetings;
- Monitor and prepare budgets and expenditures for grants and contracts;
- Develop, update, and maintain consultant agreements;
- Draft and assist with the management of subcontracts, with oversight by Program Manager;
- Assist with project start-ups and closeouts;
- As necessary, travel to geographic regions to support field office operations and activities including workshop activities;
- Assist with the recruitment, mobilization, and demobilization of short-term consultants and long-term project staff;
- Other duties, as assigned by the Program Manager that are consistent with the overall focus of the assignment.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience; PMU-specific experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, including: International Relations; Political Science; Government; Economics; Business; International Development, or a relevant combination of education and work experience required.
- Financial experience forecasting operational costs and pipeline budget;
- Proven experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications, and knowledge of budget and accounting procedures;
- Experience working on grants program;
- Ability to work well across multiple cultures, be flexible enough to react to an-ever changing operating environment, and think quickly to trouble-shoot issues that may arise; and,
- Work experience in international development or closely related field;
- Living or working experience outside the U.S. in developing countries;
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills to effectively present information;
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude, and strong organization skills;
- Ability to travel and work overseas on short term technical assignments up to 25%, sometimes on short notice.
- Proficiency in Arabic (highly preferred).
What we Value:
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.