Secret with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI, Must be a U.S citizenJob Summary
The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events. The Civil Affairs (CA)/Civil Military Operations (CMO) Subject Matter Expert (SME) will oversee the continued establishment and implementation of the Civil Affairs (CA)/Civil Military Operations (CMO) Program for Marine Corps Tactics Operations Group (MCTOG), the USMC Ground Combat Element (GCE) caretaker. The preferred candidate will possess detailed and functional knowledge of DoD/USMC Planning Processes and Marine Corps and joint doctrine related to CA/CMO as aligned with the Marine Corps Civil Military Operations School (MCCMOS). Additionally, acts as the MAGTF Expeditionary Brigade (MEB)-level headquarters during exercise evolutions providing CA/CMO input to operational orders, reacting to subordinate requests from a regimental staff and other agencies involved in MCTOG exercises. Furthermore, the candidate will participate in CA/CMO working groups, advocacy boards, and training courses at the Secret security level. Reviews, revises, writes, and provides comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents, best practices, and TTP not covered by doctrine (i.e., Marine Corps Interim Publications, Pamphlet, GCE Advocacy matters).
to learn more about Development Transformations.Key Accountabilities
- Supervise the conduct of the CA/CMO program; oversee, conduct, and produce assignments requiring “performance” to “expert” level knowledge of principles associated with political factors, socioeconomic paradigms, cultural awareness, foreign media, and foreign area analysis; display ability to advise senior military leadership, operational and tactical level operators and commanders in CA/CMO considerations.
- Conduct tactical and operational CA/CMO planning at the conceptual, functional, and detailed levels for service and functional component organizations and joint headquarters organizations as part of simulated exercises that support student development and
operating force units.
- Provide focused analysis of civil affairs and civil military operations during the integration of civil affairs and civil military operations with all other operations and warfighting functions to identify strengths and weaknesses as they occur during an event, model, or simulation and during preparation for the same.
- Research CA/CMO concepts and plan and conduct analysis of factual data.
- Provide technical advice to Information Management Officers, Exercise Control Cell, and Communication Division.
- Prepare reports, briefs, and documents to support event scenario development and higher and adjacent headquarters functions.
- Periodically travel to conferences and/or systems courses.
- Participate in and conduct reviews and structured walk-throughs of events, operation orders and plans, and information gathering requirements.
- Create and edit documents, analyze problem areas, and suggest feasible solutions.
- Review, write, and provide comments on Marine Corps and joint doctrine documents.
- Attend conferences and meetings at the resident site and other locations off site.
- Assist in exercise product development using amphibious and logistic data systems.
- Assist in reviewing classified material and recommend a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, and briefings.
- Perform as CA/CMO ISO response cell role ISO exercises.
- Prepare and present CA/CMO course material in presentation format in seminar and auditorium type settings as either a briefing or as formal instruction.
- Provide how-to instruction on detailed and functional CA/CMO planning to student population and planning teams
- Observe and provide training, product/process review, and after-action feedback to selected elements of MAGTF CMO CAG operating at the Secret security level during MCTOG supported exercises and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor degree is required; major in political science, management, military science, or equivalent area is desired.
- A minimum of 13 years of operational experience in CMO/CA or related fields is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the following is required but not limited to:
- military training and education
- demonstrated knowledge of CMO doctrine, procedures, and command relationships at the tactical level
- cumulative training, education, on-the-job training, and assignment to CA/CMO billets
- Attendance at career development courses or Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps CSC is required. Civil Military Operations schools sponsored through MCCMOS,
Expeditionary Warfare Training Group (EWTG), or US Army desired; other DOD sponsored equivalents are acceptable.
- Former military experience and at least 3 years of operational IO experience is required.
- Completion of a formal military Information Operations school such as MCIOC or DOD service equivalent required. USMC Command and Staff, Expeditionary Warfare Training Group (EWTG), or US Army desired; other DOD sponsored equivalents are acceptable.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
- occasional field/tactical environments
- occasional extended working hours will be required
- schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
- Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
- May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance.
Accordingly, a valid passport is required.
- Travel is estimated to be up to 30%.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. Development Transformations, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.