Security Clearance: Secret, Must be a U.S. citizen
Program and Position Description:
Development Transformations (DT) is actively seeking a Social Media Coordinator to work on Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) project. The MCTOG mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events.
The Social Media Coordinator will supervise the overarching Social Media and News Media effort for MCTOG. The candidate will support the Social Media effort through realistic and complex scenario development, curriculum development, instruction, scripting, and create social media content that realistically reflects the operational environment and supports training objectives. The candidate will supervise and coordinate the design, plan, and production of News Media Replication clips for scenario use. Click here
to learn more about Development Transformations.
- Provide social media analysis, ensuring proper cues, techniques, and solutions are imbedded in design.
- Supervise and coordinate the actions of the part-time Social Media and News Media SMEs.
- Mentor target audiences in Social Media tool selection, Social Media analysis, operational and intelligence perspectives and applications, national and international legal considerations, and command level demonstrations.
- Research relevant Areas of Operation, coordinate with exercise participants, collaborate with MCTOG and program leadership and make determination on appropriate Social Media tools for each venue and exercise.
- Participate in exercise design, Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) development and scripting to ensure that Social Media analysis is available and proper cues, techniques, and solutions are imbedded in design as approved through MCTOG staff.
- Coordinate with News Media SME to design and produce News Media replication videos that coincide with applicable scenario MSEL and exercise message.
- Supervise and participate in the generation and maintenance of curriculum development for Social Media and News Media courseware.
- Instruct target audiences in Social Media tool selection, Social Media analysis, operational and intelligence perspectives and applications, national and international legal considerations, and command level demonstrations.
- Maintain currency through 15% travel to operational venues in order to draw on latest TTPs and assist MCTOG in cross coordination with Cyber and Information Operations SMEs, Marine Corps Information Operations Center (MCIOC), and Public Affairs Office (PAO) to ensure Social Media and IO concepts are applied across GCE doctrine where applicable.
- Provide technical expertise (editing, creating video montages, etc.) to social media products used during TMIC (authenticity takes precedent over content - IO SME & CAOCL LREC Experts provide content / context).
- Possess understanding of social media recruiting methods, how Jihadist websites are created, as well as how propaganda works—not just “self-radicalizing”.
- Support the Social Media effort through realistic and complex scenario development and social media product development, classroom instruction, and role playing to create social media content that realistically reflects the operational environment and supports training objectives.
- Assist and coordinate design, planning, and production of News Media Replication clips for scenario use.
- Research relevant Areas of Operation, coordinate with exercise participants, collaborate with the News Media Replication SME regarding appropriate social media tools for each venue and exercise.
- Provide input to exercise design, Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) development and scripting to ensure that Social Media analysis is available and proper cues, techniques, and solutions are imbedded in design as approved through Social Media Coordinator.
- Responsible for providing after action reports and OIL comments to the Exercise AAR Planner for the trainer audience and staff.
- Contributes to exercise orders, CONOPs, and operations process cycles across all six warfighter functions and social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical studies or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Career Level School (Expeditionary Warfare School or Staff Non-Commissioned Officer School) or civilian equivalent required.
- Operational Experience: Intelligence background preferred; substituted with minimum 5 years’ military experience with related, deployed, experiences in cultural analyses, measurements, or High Level staff equivalent.
- Knowledge of social media sites and messaging apps (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Telegram, Surespot, JustPaste.it, etc.) currently being used by adversaries.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively under a minimum level of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
- occasional field/tactical environments
- occasional extended working hours will be required
- schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
- May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance.
- Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. Development Transformations, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.