DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com
Under the direction of the Environment and Infrastructure (E&I) Business Development (BD) Director, the BD Manager will help design and execute the new business strategy of the E&I practice area for DT Global. Specifically, in close collaboration with the BD Director, the BD Manager will help articulate new business strategies, coordinate capture and proposal management, provide technical writing support, and represent DT Global at business development related events.
- Track program business development forecasts, assist with go/no-go decision making, plan and execute capture trips, manage pre-bid preparations, act as capture manager for selected USAID proposals, and oversee compliance of all proposal submissions;
- Help the practice area refine and implement a business development strategy and pipeline;
- Manage practice area business intelligence collection efforts;
- Create capture plans that strategically assess bids, draw on all company available resources, and provide streamlined p-win driven bid plans;
- Serve as capture manager, proposal manager, or technical lead or writer on assigned bids or for bids led by colleagues;
- Serve as reviewer during gate reviews and color team reviews;
- Design and execute non-bid initiatives that advance the practice area’s position over competitors;
- Develop and cultivate relationships with technical specialists, subject-matter experts, and professional writers to contribute to technical solution designs, reviews, and analysis of proposals and business development strategy within the practice;
- Work closely with assigned recruiter to deepen DT Global’s network of potential personnel and better understand client staffing needs;
- Represent DT Global at strategic BD related events; and,
- Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to practice and BD junior staff serving in assigned capture or proposal team functions.
- Supervise Proposal Coordinator(s) as required.
- Master’s degree in international development or a similar field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in international development programming, with 2 of those years in a business development role;
- Prior experience writing, running capture, and proposal coordinating USAID bids;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Ability to travel up to 30% per year for capture trips;
- Prior experience in the field implementing USAID or other donor projects; and,
- Experience or technical background in water, environment, energy, climate change, infrastructure a plus.
What we Value:
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.