Program and Position Description:
The Technical Specialist, Engineering will support the program’s grants platform and reports directly to the Associate Grants Director. The Technical Specialist will perform duties in support of grant development and implementation for DT’s Civil Society in Syria Program. He/she will support program grant staff to oversee grantees’ technical work related to irrigation and water; electricity; and debris and waste management. He/she will work with program and grantee staff to review workplan and financial specifications during the program development and advise on technical implementation and reconstruction efforts.
Development Transformations (DT) is actively seeking a Technical Specialist, Engineering with backgrounds in construction and infrastructure, debris and waste analysis, water and irrigation, and electricity to work on the Civil Society in Syria Program. This consultant will be reporting to the Associate Grants Director and work closely with the grants department. Click here
to learn more about Development Transformations.
- Advise program Field Engineers in reviewing and assessing the needs of the municipalities and project areas and preparing technical specifications for reconstruction and rehabilitation efforts;
- Review and confirm engineering assessments conducted by the program field team and grantees and confirm findings and recommendations;
- Work closely with program staff and grantees to design rehabilitation projects including reviewing proposed work plans and activities, procurement plans, and budgets;
- Provide technical support to program grants management team during implementation of rehabilitation and repair activities including advising and troubleshooting where required;
- Support program field team in monitoring of activity outputs;
- Support in the delivery of technical inputs, principally in the areas of water, irrigation, electricity and waste management, on a wide range of assignments as required;
- Coordinate training of equipment by suppliers and where necessary provision of additional training;
- Provide institutional strengthening including training, facilitation services, expert advice, management and specialist support, and guidance regarding procurement of equipment and supplies to better service delivery in the targeted communities;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experienced in construction and infrastructure, debris and waste analysis, water and irrigation, and electricity;
- Specialized training or demonstrated work experience in the area of engineering as it relates to reconstruction in conflict/post-conflict areas;
- Previous projects or researches related to the field of engineering;
- Experienced project management of medium and large projects:
- Ability to work as an integral part of an overall team;
- Sharing knowledge and experience, communicating ideas and managing information flow;
- At least 4-7 years of work experience;
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English;
- Arabic language skills are an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.