Program and Position Description:
Development Transformations (DT) continuously seeks Transition Advisors to provide both short and long-term support to USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) programs as part of our multi-year contract with OTI. Transition Advisors provide programmatic guidance, political analysis, and managerial support for OTI programs. This is a continuous recruitment to build a broad and deep roster of individuals that can proved the below support. Click here
to learn more about Development Transformations.
- Provide advice, analysis and reporting to OTI on the following:
- political developments and security concerns;
- potential programmatic approaches and ways in which programming should be adjusted in response to the fluid situation in the country; and
- individual proposed grants and other activities, including their political significance and relevance to the programs’ evolving strategy, the worthiness of proposed grantees and other partners, and feasibility for funding/implementation.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the program;
- Assist in the process of setting strategic programmatic approaches and proposing new directions, as necessary;
- Contribute to budgetary oversight through Quarterly Financials and Accruals Reports;
- Oversee the use of the activity database;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with potential partners, stakeholders, and donors;
- Assist with program start-up under limited time constraints; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of five years experience in a related position with a donor, contractor or NGO, including: contract/grant management, community development, civil society, democracy and governance, human rights, humanitarian response, and political analysis;
- Fluency or advanced level in prevailing or official country language is critical; proficiency in other regional languages spoken is desired;
- Previous OTI experience highly desirable;
- Minimum of three years experience in fragile or transitional countries;
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience at a management level;
- Minimum of two years experience supervising in-kind or small grants programming;
- Minimum of two years experience working in country;
- Demonstrated experience in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up, as well as close-out, under limited time constraints;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain staff morale in a security-challenged country;
- Demonstrated experience with financial management, financial reporting, and procurement processes; and
- Advanced degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience.
Both American citizens and non-Americans are encouraged to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.