The Finance Manager, based in Berlin, Germany, is part of the program’s Finance and Operations Platform and reports directly to the Director of Finance and Operations. The Finance Manager will design, implement, and adhere to financial policy, budgets, and internal control measures. She/he will work with program staff to implement financial and personnel procedures in compliance with DT and USG policies; control cash disbursements; manage the program bank account; manage payroll; support the development of documentation and written materials relating to the program; and respond to inquiries on the status of financial information. The Finance Manager will verify that all cost disbursements are properly approved. Local candidates with work authorization are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Disseminate and monitor organizational accounting policies, procedures, and financial reporting requirements;
- Support the financial platform to meet all USG and DT program requirements and comply with USG and German policies and procedures;
- Conduct ongoing analysis, forecasting, and review of project expenses;
- Serves as the primary liaison with German CPA firm to ensure accurate and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, taxes and payroll;
- Keep custody of payment vouchers, other supporting documentation, and all financial record entrusted to him/her;
- Prepare check payment vouchers for all payments and process payroll;
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations to ensure that all payments are supported by adequate documentation such as requisitions, quotations and receipts, goods receiving notes, justification, and/or memos, and are authorized by the appropriate program officials before payment is initiated;
- Ensure that the petty cash summary, together with the petty cash vouchers, is submitted before replenishment;
- Process staff advances and claims upon official program-related travel (pending Program Director approval);
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with program requirements;
- Ensure that pre-numbered documents such as the vouchers, collection vouchers and issuing vouchers, purchase requisitions, and purchase orders are available at all times and printed before the Program runs out of stock;
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of all Program and other project records and information entrusted;
- Assist Project Director and Director of Finance and Operations in budget preparation and cost tracking;
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly reports; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other relevant field. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in related field of financial management.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and finance management of complex programs, developing and managing budgets, preferable in support of a Donor-funded grants program.
- Demonstrated financial management with USG policy, procedures, and reporting requirements, and experience in field based accounting.
- Superior English and German written and oral communication skills required.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel and other software programs strongly preferred; familiarity with accounting and business information systems software highly desirable.
- Ability to assess priorities, manage a variety of simultaneous activities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated experience taking initiative, being proactive in the workplace, thinking critically to identify effective solutions, and assuming a high level of ownership when appropriate.
- Experience working with financial and accounting information in a time-sensitive, confidential, and dynamic environment. Comfort with moderately complex financial situations preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact professionally within a culturally and linguistically diverse environment.
- Excellent research and problem-solving abilities.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.