Development Transformations (DT) supports the transition from conflict to sustainable peace, enhances host nation capacity to provide stable and effective governance, and strengthens local community-based organizations.
Development Transformations (DT) seeks senior-, mid-, and junior-level consultants in multiple labor categories to support an anticipated multi-year Department of State (DoS) contract. The contract will play a critical role in enhancing the Department’s Program/Project Evaluation Policy consistent with the Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB’s) Government-wide initiative to enhance the capacity of Federal agencies to evaluate their programs.
The candidates serve as short-term technical experts supporting evaluation activities worldwide, including U.S. Embassies and other U.S. Missions overseas, at DoS domestic Bureaus and offices, and at Department-wide levels. Applicants must be interested in short-term consultancies as long-term assignments for this contract are very limited.
Functional Labor Categories:
- Administrative Support
- Agricultural Analyst
- Conflict Prevention, Mitigation and Reduction, and Post-Conflict Reconstruction Specialist
- Economic and Trade Analyst
- Environment, Energy, and Natural Resource Analyst
- Evaluation Design/Management Specialist
- Evaluation Training Specialist
- Finance and Budget Analyst
- Health and HIV/AIDS Analyst
- Human Capacity Development Specialist
- Human Resources Specialist
- Humanitarian Assistance/Complex Emergency Specialist
- Information Technology Specialist
- Institutions and Organizations Analyst
- Management and Operations Research Specialist
- Media/Communication Specialist
- Nutrition Analyst
- Population Analyst
- Private Sector Analyst
- Program and Policy Analyst
- Program Development, Implementation, Monitoring, and Reporting Specialist
- Public Administration Analyst
- Social Scientist
- Women in Development, Gender Analyst, and Anti-Trafficking Specialist
Qualifications for Senior-Level Candidates:
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- 15 or more years of relevant experience
Qualifications for Mid-Level Candidates:
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- 10 or more years of relevant experience
Qualifications for Junior-Level Candidates:
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- 2 or more years of relevant experience
In your resume, clearly state all Functional Labor Categories relevant to your background and whether you qualify as Senior-, Mid-, or Junior in each category. The client is not flexible on these requirements so please be accurate in your self-description. (This may be on an additional page, but MUST be saved with your resume file NOT in cover letter)
Illustrative Activities Under the Contract:
Selected candidates will be responsible for providing technical services to the Agency’s regional, functional and management bureaus, and to other central program and policy offices. The services provided may vary to some degree, depending on the specific evaluation requirements of each unique customer.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing in partnership with Embassy staff the effectiveness of Embassy programs and policies in achieving their strategic objectives and priorities as defined in Mission Strategic Resource Plans (MSRPs) or any predecessor document.
- Analyzing in partnership with Assistant Secretaries or their designees the effectiveness of bureau programs and policies in achieving their strategic objectives and priorities as defined in their Bureau Strategic Resource Plans (BSRPs)
- Analyzing the effectiveness of Agency programs and policies in contributing to overall Department-wide goals and objectives as defined in the Joint Strategic Plan (JSP).
- Informing new program and activity design.
- Assessing unexpected progress, either positive or negative.
- Determining if the activity is achieving the intended results and identify necessary mid-project (program) corrections (mid-term or formative evaluation).
- Re-examining or testing the validity of hypotheses and assumptions embedded in strategic plans and results frameworks
- Determining whether the needs of customers are being served.
- Identifying and analyzing positive and negative unintended consequences or impacts of diplomatic and foreign assistance programs/projects.
- Determining whether conditions for sustainability or replication exist.
- Developing and implementing training programs.
- Conducting performance and/or impact evaluations; distill lessons learned and recommendations which may be useful elsewhere in the Department.
Candidates with credentials in the technical areas mentioned above, with relevant degrees, and proven experience, preferably with the Department of State familiarity are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting and resume and optional cover letter through the following link:
Only short listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information.
DT is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.