Development Transformations (DT) seeks a Program Assistant to support a variety of needs related to project operations, outreach and communications, and project backstopping for newly awarded opportunities. The position is based in Washington, DC and will report to the firm's Director of Operations as the specific needs will change as projects develop.
Program Assistants generally provide a broad array of administrative support to DT’s programs. Working under the direction of a Program Manager or Director, a PA may be called upon to: prepare expense forms, arrange international travel, draft or assemble project proposals and concept papers, prepare and maintain program budgets, review and/or summarize reports, and other administrative tasks. Successful Program Assistants are detail oriented and take a large degree of initiative. PAs are flexible and focused on delivering outstanding support to our field teams, partners, clients, and beneficiaries. For this role specifically, candidates with a proven ability to multi-task and operate in unstructured environments will excel in this role.
- Provide a broad array of administrative program support for operations issues related to hiring, contract compliance, subcontract management, and budget tracking;
- Under the direction of the Managing Director, Prepare DT's quarterly electronic newsletter and manage the firm's social media presence;
- Provide administrative support for travel deployment, new employee and consultant on-boarding, expense report preparation, trainings, workshops, and meetings;
- Monitor invoices, expenditures, and budgets for newly awarded contracts and sub-contracts; and
- Other special or time sensitive tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills to effectively present information;
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude, and strong organization skills;
- Fearless of new and daunting challenges; willing to dive in deep and learn new areas quickly;
- Intermediate MS Excel skills to include master of all basic formulas and experience with vlookups;
- Intermediate MS Word skills to include formatting, custom table of contents, headers and footers;
- Work experience in international development, government contracting, or a related field preferred; and
- Travel and/or work experience in foreign countries preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.