Development Transformations (DT) is an international development organization that specializes in working within the confluence of countries and communities currently experiencing, or emerging from, conflict. We focus on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of programs and personnel working in countries undergoing this rapid and transformational change. DT offers program design, program management, training, and technical expertise in the areas of civil society strengthening, countering violent extremism, organizational and institutional capacity building, stabilization, and transitional governance. Primary clients include USAID, the State Department, the Department of Defense, the Canadian government, and various development organizations.
Development Transformations seeks applications from qualified candidates for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Specialist who will be responsible for designing and managing monitoring and evaluation efforts for Development Transformation’s overseas development programs. This person will be responsible for the development of Results Monitoring Plans, reporting tools, and will support data collection efforts, analysis, and reporting. The work location will be in Washington, D.C. with frequent field travel to each of the program locations.
This position will remotely supervise M&E Assistants, Reporting Officers, and field teams, and will triangulate information gathered from the programs’ respective implementation teams to monitor all program activities in accordance with the approved Results Monitoring Plans and Workplans. This position will ensure that projects comply with donor performance reporting requirements. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Specialist will also lead the development of weekly and quarterly reporting updates to the client, provide capacity building trainings and tutorials in M&E to program staff and grantees, and will help identify and streamline necessary changes to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting requirements.
This position will report to a remote-based Chief of Party.
· Develops, maintains, and strengthens the program’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting process by gathering and reporting on quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities, and establishing monitoring systems to reinforce the program’s progress;
· Leads the writing of weekly reports to the client, contributes to quarterly, and ad-hoc reporting;
· Lead in operational decision making to manage the various components of the program dealing with M&E data collection, verification, and reporting;
· Support optimization of the program’s team and implementing partners for the collection, use, and management of M&E and other reporting data;
· Collaborate with donors in response to changes in the operating environment to update or revise expectations as necessary;
· Oversees data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators, as defined by the program’s RMP, by team members and project counterparts;
· Remotely manage a team of M&E and Reporting Assistants to effectively gather, synthesize, and report on program indicator data; and
· In coordination with the program COPs/DCOPs, implements feedback, and assessments from program evaluations to inform changes in program approaches.
- At least four years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities;
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
- At least four years of experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, including impact evaluation;
- Experience working in an M&E role on civil society or transitional governance related programs;
- Knowledge of USG award regulations and requirements;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated performance remotely managing a team in a highly transitional environment;
- Relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems;
- Strong English language skills required.
- Minimum of two years of overseas field-based experience required.
Travel estimated up to 40%.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.