Development Transformations (DT) is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a U.S. Department of State-funded civil society development program in Syria. The position will be based in Erbil, Iraq.
The Civil Society in Syria Program (CSSP) or Wiaam is a program, funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau for Near Eastern Affairs Office of Assistance Coordination (NEA) and implemented by Development Transformations (DT). The Program aims to increase the ability of civil society organizations, advocacy organizations, and individuals to serve, represent, and advocate for all Syrians and hold local governance structures accountable. It aims to increase citizen participation, help strengthen non-sectarian voices, expand the moderate space, counter violent extremism, and provide increased accountability for local governance structures in the targeted regions of Syria.
The Civil Society Capacity Building Associate will be based in Erbil, Iraq, and report directly to the Senior Civil Society Capacity Building Specialist. As part of the CSSP Capacity Building Team, (s)he will take part in and support design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all capacity building activities of CSSP program. The Civil Society Capacity Building Associate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Senior Civil Society Capacity Building Specialist in all tasks related to capacity building of CSO partners;
- Help develop and put in place the new CSSP capacity building strategy and approach;
- Support the administration of organizational capacity assessments of local CSOs;
- Maintain capacity building database and support analysis, as appropriate, of data related to capacity building of CSO partners;
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and security of data entered into capacity building databases;
- Compile and update high-quality resources for partner capacity building
- Support elaboration of appropriate monitoring reports, documentation of implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned;
- Coordinate scheduling of capacity building support with local partners, consultants and other CSSP staff;
- Assist in preparation and management of budgets for the CSO capacity building component of CSSP;
- Maintain active communication with key contacts within organizations to ensure ongoing engagement in programs;
- Keep abreast of developments in capacity building practice and recommend enhancements to CSSP efficiency and effectiveness
- Other duties, as assigned by the Senior Civil Society Capacity Building Specialist, that are consistent with the overall focus of the assignment.
- University degree in education, human development, organizational development or in other related field;
- Minimum 1 year professional experience in implementing international development programs focusing on civil society capacity development;
- English and Arabic language fluency, including excellent writing skills;
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated skills in effectively working, coordinating and negotiating with local institutions and organizations and with diverse partners, including remote work;
- Self-starter with strong ability to work and produce results in challenging and fluctuating operational contexts, under time pressure, with limited supervision and guidance;
- Experience working in Syria and/or neighboring countries on similar capacity building programs;
- Strong ability to collaborate and coordinate activities with multiple internal and external stakeholders
Qualified local candidates are highly encouraged to submit their resumes and cover letters. DT strongly encourages qualified female candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.