Development Transformations (DT) is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a U.S. Department of State-funded civil society development program in Syria. The position will be based in Berlin, Germany. The program will be implemented by DT in order to build the organizational capacity of civil society organizations within liberated areas of Syria through a broad range of grant packages and other assistance.
The Finance Assistant, based in Berlin, Germany, is part of the program Operations and Finance Platform and reports directly to the Finance Manager. The position will focus on the review and verification of financial expenditures based on supporting documentation from program grantees. She/he will support financial and personnel procedures in compliance with DT and USG policies; support the development of documentation and written materials relating to the program; and respond to inquiries on the status of financial information. He/She will verify that all procurement actions are compliant with DT’s financial management guidelines prior to payments. Local candidates with work authorization strongly encouraged to apply.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Review and verification of vouchers submitted by program grantees, including all supporting financial documents in support of expenditures
- Receive and account for all funds for the project (performing weekly and monthly cash checks) in coordination with the Finance Manager;
- Support the financial platform to meet all USG and DT program requirements and comply with USG policies and procedures;
- Liaise between the field and headquarters finance offices;
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting, and review of grant expenses;
- Provide updates on the status of fund requests and support the timely transfer of funds;
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with program requirements;
- Review invoices and payments in accordance with DT accounting procedures and program policies;
- Maintain program financial and contractual files
- Coordinate with Finance Manager on the management of U.S. dollars and local currencies; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years experience professional work experience in finance or accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other relevant field;
- Experience with computerized accounting;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills;
- Superior English and German written and communication skills required;
- Experience working in Syria is strongly desired.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.