Development Transformations (DT) is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a U.S. Department of State-funded civil society development program in Syria. The position will be based in Berlin, Germany. The program will be implemented by DT in order to build the organizational capacity of civil society organizations within liberated areas of Syria through a broad range of grant packages and other assistance.
The Operations Manager , based in Berlin, Germany, is part of the program Operations and Finance Platform and will report directly to the Operations and Finance Director with overall direction from the Program Director. The Operations Manager will provide strategic high-level project management support in logistics, HR, and ensuring program administration and operations are in compliance with the governing laws prescribed by the Government of Germany.
She/he will work closely with the Director of Operations and Finance, Finance Manager, and Procurement Manager and will provide direct supervision to Operations support staff personnel. Local candidates with work authorization strongly encouraged to apply.
Bear overall responsibility for operations, travel, logistics, human resources, and administrative tasks; Monitor administrative activities and ensure that project practices are in line with the policy and procedures manual; Develop regular budgeting process for the operations team, including frequent updates, projections, and cash flow needs; Make recommendations for improvements to project operations communicate to all staff as needed
- Assist in recruiting short and long–term staff, overseeing entire recruitments with little supervision
- Provide administrative and logistics support to multiple STTA personnel
- Oversee administration of daily/monthly time sheeting for the program and support in the administration and calculation of payroll
- Monitoring oversight responsibility for all lease agreements and monthly payments associated with program property
- Coordinate with procurement team re: maintenance and procurement of all computer equipment, office furniture and office supplies; proper inventory of all project property; supervision of IT service suppliers;
- Investigate, identify, and advise regarding new ways of achieving project operational efficiencies, including developing critical relationships and building networks with relevant organizations, vendors, suppliers, and individuals;
- Monitor project resources (human resources, equipment, budgets for activities, etc.) to ensure most cost effective utilization;
- Liaise with Operations and Finance Director and legal team for work permits, vehicle registration, and other local legal requirements;
- Assist staff in recruitment; provide new employee orientations; and maintain complete and current files for each employee, including monthly reviews and updates to all HR files;
- Administer and manage approved travel via travel agency; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in an operations management role
- Demonstrated knowledge of USG rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated past performance managing personnel
- Financial experience forecasting operational costs and pipeline budget preferred
- Experience working in Germany and/or Syria on a similar grants program strongly desired; and
- Strong German and English language skills required.
- Ability to work well across multiple cultures, be flexible enough to react to an-ever changing operating environment, and think quickly to trouble-shoot issues that may arise
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.