Development Transformations (DT) is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a U.S. Department of State-funded civil society development program based in Erbil, Iraq.
The Operations Associate will be based in Erbil, Iraq, and will report directly to the Operations Manager. The Operations Associate will be responsible to provide administrative support with the overall target to maintain efficiency in program activities and ensuring full compliance with DT internal policies and procedures.
Operations Assistant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Operations Manager in daily office management, including logistical and administrative support, and drafting communication to local partners and subcontractors.
- Assist with all aspects of general office coordination; coordinating appointments, preparing/disseminating materials, translating and formatting letters and presentations.
- Ensure all employee files are complete and stored properly.
- Assist with implementation of HR procedures, supporting recruitment processes and attendance tracking; review timesheets and leave requests, publish vacancy announcements, interview scheduling, candidate longlisting, conducting reference checks; assisting onboarding, orientation and off-boarding.
- Support the procurement of goods and services as required by obtaining quotations when needed
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare reports as requested.
- Coordinate domestic travel and hotel arrangements related to program activities. Ensure all travel requests are responded timely, efficiently and arrangements are in compliance with USG procedures.
- Review invoices, draft payment requests for operational expenses, office supplies and stationary.
- Other duties, as assigned by Operations Manager, that are consistent with the overall focus of the assignment.
- 2-3 years relevant work experience providing similar support, preferably in an international office environment and/or in support of a Donor-funded grants program;
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant field;
- Superior English and Arabic written and communication skills required;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including assertive communication, generous provision of assistance to fellow team members, readiness to ask for assistance and support, and ability to keep focused on the overall goals and mission;
- Demonstrated skills in effectively working, coordinating and negotiating with local institutions and organizations, donors, and partners;
- Experience working in Erbil and/or Syria is strongly desired;
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.