Development Transformations (DT) seeks Senior Program Specialist for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA). The work covers several broad operational, programmatic and technical areas, such as budgeting, monitoring and evaluation, legislative and public outreach, as well as gender, public health, education, infrastructure, democracy and governance, economic growth, agriculture, and information and communications technology. The position is in downtown Washington, D.C. and/or overseas at the USAID Missions in Afghanistan and Pakistan
Development Transformations is an international development company that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of programs and personnel working in countries undergoing rapid and transformational change. DT provides program management, implementation design, training, analytical assessments, monitoring and evaluation, and technical expertise on stabilization, transitional governance, democracy, and civil society programs.
- Lead, coordinate, organize, research, analyze, liaise, and manage processes as part of the program, technical, or desk teams for USAID/OAPA.
- Provide and/or coordinate the provisions of technical guidance, consultation, related support to clientele within the area of program focus.
- Provide appropriate leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity- building of specific technical components of programs.
- Participate in resource development activities.
- Responsible for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities, and following the standards and practices of the department and division.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within area and function guidelines.
- Identify areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institute enhancements to procedures.
- Maintain a constructive dialogue with field counterparts and implementing partners.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
- Develop tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components of projects.
- Serve as a departmental resource on procedural, administrative, and operational issues.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- U.S. citizenship with active SECRET security clearance preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, advanced degree preferred;
- At least 4 years of professional experience required;
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills to effectively present information;
- Experience working abroad, preferably in the Asia region desired;
- Experience in project administration and management procedures preferred;
- Capacity to work independently, accomplish goals with little supervision, and seek resources and help when needed;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Windows-platform, Microsoft Office, Internet, and e-mail applications (Google/Outlook) is required;
- Experience in the use of database applications is preferred.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.