Program and Position Description:
Development Transformations (DT) is seeking a Civil Engineer to support the Water Resources and Environment Office (WRE) at the U.S. Agency for International Development Mission in Amman, Jordan. Reporting to a senior WRE officer, the selectee will provide technical advice to USAID on water/wastewater construction in a period of critical need. We are currently accepting applications from both local staff and expats. Click here
to learn more about Development Transformations.
The incumbent will support the WRE Office in the development of new water infrastructure projects and may also serve as Project Officer and Project Engineer on several existing USAID funded activities related to water, wastewater, and other infrastructure projects. Key tasks include:
- Prepare concept papers, activity approval documents, and other requirements as needed by USAID regulations;
- Manage and implement different phases of projects/activities;
- Participate in or chair committees to design projects;
- Prepare scopes of work and government cost estimates;
- Evaluate technical proposals and recommend the award of engineering services, technical assistance, and commodity procurement contracts;
- Draft technical memorandums, reports and other documents;
- Evaluate reports; and
- Serve as a third-party auditor of construction activities.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- At least 10 years of water sector-related experience;
- Prior experience supporting development projects in the Middle East is preferred, as is prior experience supporting USAID and/or other international development organizations;
- Previous experience related to engineering/water projects in Jordan would be a plus;
- Ability to live and work in Amman, Jordan for a period of one year;
- Ability to work both independently, and collaborate with other project team members;
- Ability to obtain a facility access clearance;
- English language fluency; and
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.