Program and Position Description:
DT is seeking applications from qualified candidates to serve as Chief of Party for a USAID/Yemen program based in Aden, Yemen. The program is focused on addressing issues of social cohesion and conflict resolution by building the capacity of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). The COP will be the lead technical representative; provide overall guidance and management of the project; serve as the point of contact and interaction with USAID for the overall project; and is responsible for the quality of the products and overall program performance. Click here
to learn more about Development Transformations.
- Lead the overall implementation of the program, including supervision of the operational, financial, grant, and monitoring & reporting platforms;
- Supervises the identification and development of projects that meet funding criteria, further programmatic objectives, and complement other projects and programs implemented by other USG agencies and donor organizations;
- Oversees and designs strategies, proposal evaluation systems, and other over-arching program documents;
- Evaluates grant proposals and works with diverse groups—many of which have not previously received international funding;
- Builds and maintains relations with partner organizations, USAID personnel, and vendors to ensure effective program implementation;
- Sets targets and monitors timelines in order to ensure the timely completion and closure of activities and successful delivery of the program;
- Ensures that program implementation is in accordance with USG regulations;
- Ensures that high quality project deliverables are submitted to the client on time;
- Oversees implementation of project reporting and monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Manages the financial and operational deliverables of the program to ensure compliance with DT policies, USG regulations, and local laws;
- Mentor/train other field staff as required;
- Other duties and leadership aspects, as required.
Required Experience & Skills:
- At least an B.A. in political or social science, governance, development, or a related field;
- At least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience;
- At least five (5) years of experience managing and coordinating development programs overseas, preferably in Yemen or elsewhere in the Middle East;
- Professional experience as a Chief of Party for a USAID or DoS program of at least comparable size and scope is strongly preferred;
- Previous experience serving in an advisory capacity to civil society organizations strongly preferred;
- Previous experience managing capacity building training platforms;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional, government, and private sector partners and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated mastery of USG rules and regulations. Experience with sub-grants strongly preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Arabic language fluency required.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.