The Engagement Manager’s job is to deliver maximum value to the customer. An effective Engagement Manager (EM) does this by making sure that all involved have the resources they need, are communicating well, and are shielded from distractions and interruptions. EM’s serve as Scrum Masters facilitating daily stand-ups and supporting the team in following the Scrum delivery process. Engagement Managers also handle traditional project management duties including: scope definition, staffing, and communication of status to clients and DT partners, budget oversight and risk/issue management. Additionally, EM’s often author user stories, acceptance criteria and execute a portion of the testing on projects.
- Serve the team and product owner in turning requirements into the working software.
- Track progress and help the team achieve their commitments. Progress is monitored daily when problems are identified work with Team to develop corrective actions.
- Manage and report the status of scope, schedule, resourcing and financials.
- Elicit and document requirements. Author user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ensure team members understand DT processes and support the team in following them.
- Ensure product quality expectations are defined and known across the team. Collaborate with the team in scheduling work, including defect remediation and refactoring, guarding against the accumulation of technical debt.
- Work with technical team and product owner balancing the interests of both when issues arise.
- Remove impediments allowing the team to focus on engineering tasks.
- Take the lead on resolving conflicts within the team removing any roadblocks to collaboration.
- Guide project team meetings including sprint pre/planning meetings, daily scrum and sprint review meetings.
- Facilitate retrospective discussions and support continuous improvement efforts.
- Limit the external interference the team must deal with.
- Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent professional experience.
- Exceptional people skills. Comfortable working with a diverse group of people and serve as arbitrator when conflicts arise
- Understanding of financial controls needed in project management and consulting work
- Practical understanding of how to scope and estimate work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3 - 5 years experience in Project Management and/or serving as Scrum Master
- Management of more than one significant project at a time
- Prior experience as a Business Analyst and/or QA is helpful
- Practical use of quality management tools and techniques
*Must be authorized to work in the United States without requirement of sponsorship/Visa