Overview of the role
We are looking for an inspired and hard-working individual to join our fast-growing team. Here you can make a lasting impression in the world of creative communication. This isn’t just a feel-good statement either. Ask anyone on our team, and they can directly trace their efforts to the huge impact on our clients’ lives.
We’re looking for a mid-level Ruby on Rails Full-Stack developer who wants to focus on shipping software that matters to our users and Design Pickle. You will be working on Design Pickle’s request submission software (JAR) as well as our Rails / React app that helps productized service businesses run their production operations (JarHQ).
What you'll do
- Contributing to the development of Design Pickle’s internal and external applications
- Rapidly iterating as we push ahead with new development while maintaining and improving the current systems
- Writing, executing, and documenting tests
- Communicating with our sales, marketing, & accounts teams to listen to the pain points of customers, hear ideas for improvements, and consult & creatively problem solve to come up with the best solution
- You’re based in the United States
- You have 2+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience
- You have a track record of getting things done
- You feel confident working on high volume, consumer-facing websites -- bonus points if you’ve worked on subscription-based sites
- You are comfortable working independently and as a part of a small team
- Have a breadth of technical knowledge and use that knowledge to contribute to the direction of our technical environment and development processes
- You have a keen ability to point out areas of improvement and recommend and implement appropriate solutions
- You have experience working in a remote environment
- You must have a reliable development environment with high-speed Internet access
- You have an unmatched attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills — a lot of our average everyday communication is via Slack
- A good working knowledge of Rails and a familiarity of some of the other technologies we use
- Bonus points for: React, DevOps experience, project management experience, building & interfacing with APIs
Tools We Use:
- Ruby on Rails (Rails 5)
- HTML (Haml) / CSS (Sass)
- AWS (S3)
- Flexible work schedule
- 3 weeks of personal time
- Ability to work remotely and a casual office environment should you choose to ever come in to the Scottsdale office
- New Macbook Pro to do your work
- Training - We will subsidize 80% of professional development expenses (travel, conference fees, workshops, coaching) up to $500 per year.
- Healthcare - Health benefits include a no deductible, no copay, individual health insurance including chiropractic services and most regular and preventive care. Other discount health insurance options offered at a discounted rated for coverage beyond what we provide and pay for. This includes family plans and plans for other health conditions or expanded insurance coverage.
- New parent leave - We offer 6 weeks paid parental leave, to be taken anytime during your child's first 6 months with you.
- Annual team retreat
- All the creativelive.com courses you can handle