About This Role
Hello prospective pickle! The Design Pickle team is growing, and our Marketing team is currently seeking an ambitious Email Marketing Strategist to join our team! The ideal candidate has at least 3+ years of experience applying their email marketing expertise to strategically plan, implement and optimize email marketing campaigns for performance. This position will be the strategic and tactical owner of our Active Campaign implementation and the performance of all email marketing campaigns and lead nurturing workflows.
Reports to: Director of Brand & Content
On a daily basis, works closely with: Brand and Content team members; Director of Marketing and Director of Sales.
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Scottsdale, Arizona, HQ.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have...
- Enthusiasm for our mission: To be the most helpful creative company in the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing and optimizing email campaigns and architecting automation sequences.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-impact marketing campaigns that convert into qualified leads or sales.
- Proven experience in writing headlines and copy that converts, strong copy-editing skills.
- Strong familiarity with Hubspot or similar email marketing automation software.
- A passion for continuous improvement and generating breakthrough ideas
- Good project management and communication skills - the majority of our team works remotely and we need to know you can manage your time effectively.
Bonus Pickle Points
- Astute eye for design integrity and passion for usability-centric design.
- Design skills. Our brand team can support your design requests, but if you have design skills, you are welcome to contribute to creative concepts.
- HTML knowledge to help customize email templates
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you’re walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what’s expected:
- Gain a thorough understanding of Design Pickle products and target customer personas.
- Review existing campaigns and develop recommendations for optimizing performance.
- Monitor and optimize email performance metrics.
- Collaborate with the brand and content team to conceptualize and generate ideas for connecting with our customers and prospects in new and meaningful ways.
- Develop tactics for growing our email subscriber base and manage contact lists and tagging for improved organization and targeted campaigns
- Manage and improve upon our weekly newsletters and promotional email campaigns
- Provide quality assurance checks for emails before deployment, ensuring our emails look great on desktop and mobile devices across multiple email platforms
- Analyze and report on email campaign successes and opportunities for improvement
- Keep our content calendar up-to-date with all email marketing plans
- Maintain a clean and well-documented implementation of ActiveCampaign.
Benefits, Compensation, and Perks
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer Bronze, Silver, and Gold major medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through Gusto.
Dental and vision insurance: We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
World-class creative office: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our creative office is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
In-office gym: Our office also has a small CrossFit-style gym available for any pickles to use!
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Stock option potential: We give our tenured staff a stake in what we’re building here.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019, Inc. 500
listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
We aim for Mister-Rogers-Level friendliness; every interaction comes from a place of inclusion, empathy, kindness, and respect.
We are resourceful, efficient, and committed to constant improvement by leveraging our time, technology, and resources.
We speak from the heart, operate with integrity, and guide every decision, conversation, and action with honesty (even when no one is looking).
We embrace our collective responsibility to delight customers, support our teammates, and give back to the community.
We are ambitious creators with grit by the jarful. We take ownership of our decisions and grow from our mistakes.
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our website
and social channels
. We can’t wait to meet you—thank you in advance for your application!