About This Role
The People Operations Manager leverages their excellent relationship building and organizational skills to support the Chief of Staff in the overall planning, coordination, and administration of all people operations, including recruiting and office programs/functions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing tech-enabled services company that is well-positioned to grow further onto the international stage.
This position is accountable for the following areas:
- Workforce Planning
- Budgeting and Administration
- People Operations
Reports to: Finance Manager
On a daily basis, works closely with: Senior Leadership team members, as well as our Global Operations and People teams.
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Scottsdale, Arizona, HQ.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have...
- Enthusiasm for our purpose: To be the most helpful creative company in the world.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing and optimizing workforces.
- Proven experience as a workforce manager. You will be required to share examples of your work.
- Solid track record in implementing operational improvements, such as HRIS and organizational structure.
- Direct involvement in implementing and maintaining creative incentive programs, including pay structure, bonuses, and non-monetary incentives.
- Experience working with leadership and finance to identify current and future hiring needs for workforce planning.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Human Resources best practices, ensuring that Design Pickle is continually progressive and maintains our incredible company culture.
- Good project management and communication skills. Our team works remotely, and we need to know you can manage your time effectively.
Other qualities we are looking for include:
- An astute eye for workforce needs and a passion for people.
- Experience building and growing teams of specialized roles.
- Proven track record of building and/or improving company culture.
- Experience monitoring and optimizing recruitment performance metrics.
- Direct involvement in implementing an HRIS and maintaining employee and contractor records.
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS™).
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you’re walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what’s expected:
- Collaborate with the Design Pickle Leadership team to create, optimize, and manage our workforce, both in the US and globally.
- Build financial modeling with both investment and non-investment scenarios.
- Partner with Recruitment/Hiring team to acquire top product and engineering professionals.
- Be the People team’s “go-to” technical resource for vetting and implementing new technologies that will allow us to continue to succeed in achieving our goals.
- Implement/optimize HRIS and employee records system.
- Test and improve job post quality and application experience across multiple platforms.
Benefits, Compensation, and Perks
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer Bronze, Silver, and Gold major medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through Gusto.
Dental and vision insurance: We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
World-class creative office: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our creative office is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
In-office gym: Our office also has a small CrossFit-style gym available for any pickles to use!
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Stock option potential: We give our tenured staff a stake in what we’re building here.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019, Inc. 500
listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
We aim for Mister-Rogers-Level friendliness; every interaction comes from a place of inclusion, empathy, kindness, and respect.
We are resourceful, efficient, and committed to constant improvement by leveraging our time, technology, and resources.
We speak from the heart, operate with integrity, and guide every decision, conversation, and action with honesty (even when no one is looking).
We embrace our collective responsibility to delight customers, support our teammates, and give back to the community.
We are ambitious creators with grit by the jarful. We take ownership of our decisions and grow from our mistakes.
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our website
and social channels
. We can’t wait to meet you—thank you in advance for your application!