Overview of this role:
We are seeking a Public Relations Intern to join our team! You will be responsible for the public relations initiatives of the organization. You will be reporting directly to our manager Nicole Lovelady and working closely with our Brand Manager Kate Rooney as well as our Director of Growth.
The PR Intern will work between 10-20 hours per week learning the in-and-outs of Public Relations in a startup type environment. During your tenure with Design Pickle, you will be trained on how to leverage social media to grow and maintain an existing company brand and how to develop interpersonal relationships with both global and local business prospects or clientele. This is a paid internship.
What you'll do:
- Design and maintain a favorable public image for the organization
- Coordinate media outreach campaigns
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new business contacts by pitching press and local businesses
- Develop and implement social engagement and growth projects
- Work with other departments to help promote brand recognition
- Assist in the selection of marketing and promotional materials
- Previous experience in public relations or other related fields
- Familiarity with social media marketing strategies
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Local PR Outreach
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Strategy
- Relationship Building
- How to tailor marketing campaigns to your key demographic
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle is the #1 flat-rate graphic design service in the world, bringing the Graphic Design Cloud to thousands of businesses world-wide. The Graphic Design Cloud is a central hub create, share, and store graphic design requests for any entrepreneur, team or enterprise business.