As our first customer success manager, you’ll work closely with new and existing customers to understand their needs, and help them get the most out of Descript. Part customer support, part account management, part product expert, and part business development, you will be the primary touch point for our most valuable customers, and critical to expanding use of Descript.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product, as well as the workflow challenges common to our main customer segments.
- Welcome new customers to Descript. Understand their needs, and help them discover ways to use Descript to simplify and speed up their workflow.
- Support existing customers to troubleshoot issues, increase usage, and expand adoption to more team members.
- Serve as the voice of the customer to the product engineering team. Identify high priority features and bugs, and help us understand workflows and customer pain points that are insufficiently addressed.
- You have a deep understanding of the workflow of audio or video producers. You’re a competent user of media editing tools.
- People-centric. You will be talking to a lot of customers, so you should be outgoing, confident and have stellar people skills
- You should be comfortable in technical conversations. We’re not expecting someone who can write code, but you should know enough to be able to keep up.
- Strong communication skills. You are clear in writing and in speech.
- 2+ years experience in customer success or account management preferred
Please attach a cover letter that addresses the above requirements, in particular your experience with audio/video production tools. Applications without a cover letter will not be read.