A startup building a next generation platform for creative tools, making pro-level audio and video creation as fast, accessible, and collaborative as Google Docs. A team of 20 people, with world-class engineering and A.I. research teams, and a proven CEO. Fresh off a Series A with a top investor. On the cusp of a transformative product release that marks Descript’s arrival as a full creative suite for podcast and video production. Ready to start getting the word out, and grow Descript into the world’s favorite app for working with audio and video.
As Growth Product Manager, you will propose and implement initiatives that drive revenue and user retention. You will define and set product direction for growth through an understanding of customer needs combined with quantitative data analysis. You will take ownership of key growth metrics and work closely with our design, engineering, marketing, and analytics folks to achieve company growth targets.
You’re looking to join a company with product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but still early enough that you can have a large impact. You’ve worked and thrived in roles that require you to create a strategy based on a high level mandate and then execute against it.
You look at a company like Descript, and you have a vision for how to make it get big. You’re versatile and resourceful enough to figure out how to execute a strategy that employs skills in which you have little experience.
* Develop strong quantitative and qualitative understandings of growth opportunities across user segments, countries, and platforms
* Form and validate data-driven hypotheses for accelerating customer retention and revenue, working closely with engineering, design, marketing, and analytics
* Embrace the testing process; develop and deploy hypothesis-driven product changes and split tests
* Integrate usability studies and user research into product development process to create the best user experience
* Capture insights from growth test successes and failures, and communicate them to the broader team
* Deliver product experiences that delight our users and demonstrate meaningful impact on growth acceleration
* Demonstrate a deep understanding of market and technology trends and competitive landscape
* 2-5 years product management experience
* Product - you understand product design and development and work well with designers and engineers. You have experience designing intuitive user interfaces and executing product plans with a well-defined process
* Users - you have empathy for users and are eager to discover and resolve their pain points.
* Data - you have experience conducting in-app split tests and analyzing performance data. You have a firm grasp on product metrics and cohort analysis
* Team - you motivate others and are effective at working across teams and offices, and achieving jointly-owned goals and metrics
* BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
* Communication - you communicate product ideas and plans clearly through mockups, technical requirements, business cases and analysis. You present effectively to different audiences