Descript is growing, and we’re looking to add a few people to our ten person team that can help us scale. For our first dedicated product manager, we’re looking for someone that’s business-minded and entrepreneurial with a technical background who can take on and expand many of the areas of responsibility currently managed by the CEO.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone fresh out of school or with a few years of work experience with a technical background to work alongside an experienced CEO and learn some of the essential elements of operating an early-stage startup.
Areas of Responsibility
- Reporting: As we ship new features, you’ll be responsible for defining new analytics events and ensuring their successful implementation. You’ll also be responsible for building reports/dashboards in our reporting tools (Amplitude and Chartio). You’ll help put together reports for our regular internal business reviews, as well as quarterly board meetings.
- Funnel Optimization: You’ll measure the key funnels of the customer lifecycle (initial conversion, onboarding, retention), and conduct tests to improve conversion.
- Feature Oversight: You’ll help define the requirements and roadmap for certain feature areas (e.g. audio/video file support, proxy asset creation, session export), through a deep understand of the customers and problem space.
- Research New Initiatives: You’ll do research to help us understand new initiatives, e.g. specific security/privacy certifications.
What we’re looking for
- Recent graduate of a top university or a few years of relevant work experience.
- Technical - we’re not necessarily expecting a computer science degree, but the right person has written code before in a proper modern programming language. You should also have experience with SQL.
- Entrepreneurial - a self starter who gets things done even in conditions of ambiguity
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- If you are interested/experienced in audio/video creation, that’s great and please tell us about it in your cover letter!
Please attach a cover letter describing why you think you’re a fit for the role. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded without being opened.