As our first and only quality assurance engineering specialist, you'll be implementing and maintaining the automated and manual testing infrastructure for our Mac, Windows, and Web-based desktop applications.
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans and a suite of manual tests to prevent regressions and identify new bugs in advance of new product releases
- Develop and build a robust automated test system and framework that speeds and increases the quality of releases
- Investigate vaguely reported customer problems and translate them into bugs that can be reliably reproduced by Descript's engineering team
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience testing web and desktop applications, ideally consumer-facing.
- Full understanding of the product development lifecycle and experience writing test plans and manually testing software.
- Experience developing automated tests systems with modern automated testing tools and coding or scripting experience.
- Experience with web and desktop test tools like Selenium, Cucumber, or Spectron..
- Personal or professional experience working with creative tools, especially for audio and video production, is a plus.
Candidates will also be evaluated on the following attributes:
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Diagnostic skills
- Experience writing code and/or working in technical subject matter
- QA experience - specifically, experience related to the responsibilities of this role.
To apply, please submit a cover letter that speaks to your possession of the above qualities. Applications without a cover letter will be rejected without review.