Delphia's mission is to ensure your data works exclusively for you. We do this by letting people invest their data alongside their money in order to improve their financial returns. Data, in this case, could be anything from someone’s profile characteristics (attributes) to the behavioral streams of data they create when using social media, a credit card, or a smartphone.
By modelling profile attributes against someone’s behavior, Delphia is able to weigh the behavior of a subpopulation (such as a conversation on Twitter) in such a way that it mirrors the complexion of the population at large. In so doing, we are able to see, and invest in, trends taking shape in the data long before others are aware of them. We then take half of the fees we collect in exchange for managing peoples’ money, and re-distribute them to everyone who contributed data.
We are building a new kind of company that re-thinks the value of privacy, data rights, and fiduciary responsibility in order to ensure your data is always working for you – just like your money.
Whether we're educating you on how your data can be used to make better investment decisions, or identifying future trends, people at Delphia are socially-minded creatives at heart. Our teams are continually iterating, solving hard problems, and collaborating to generate new forms of value and economic returns for our users (we call them “members”, in fact). Working together, we want people to realize the true value of their data – and we're just getting started.
Delphia is a growing (~34 people), multi-disciplinary team located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We began in January 2018 and are graduates of Y Combinator (SF) and the Creative Destruction Lab (Toronto). In 2018 we raised a Seed round (led by Lerer Hippeau & Golden Ventures) as well as a Series A (led by Real Ventures).
About the Role
As the Director of Client Experience, you will be managing a highly critical function acting as a strategic advisor and technical expert engaging with Delphia’s first clients. In this role you will bring a wealth of tactical and strategic expertise to ensure every client engagement is a success.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a World-class Client Success Team; foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Measure Effectiveness of Client Success; define operational metrics for team
- Inspire Client Success Across Company; create company-wide client feedback loop
- Manage Client Success Activities inclusive of training and onboarding
- Act as a brand ambassador and provide insightful advice based on our unique offering
- Manage all inquiries; providing education as required and responding to all incoming queries
- Manage all client relations from both prospective and existing clients
- Lead the segmentation of all customer profiles into an array of different experiences
- Develop the customer journey for all customer segments
- Lead by example and provide an exceptional customer experience that helps define how a world-class client success team should operate
- Educate and advise clients on our investment product offerings
- Provide feedback to the wider business regarding product improvement areas
- Provide insights to clients to ensure they get the most out of the platform with the aim of helping them increase the value they receive from Delphia
- Be the point of contact between the company and clients
Who You Are
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are experienced in leading client-facing organizations
- You have an analytical and process-oriented mindset
- You are a team player with the ability to develop strong cross-functional relationships across the organization
- You have great attention to detail, with a high level of accuracy
- You are comfortable in a startup environment. We move quickly and wear many hats in a dynamic environment
- You ideally have a background in Finance and/or Economics
- You ideally can communicate in English and French or English and Spanish
Perks & Offerings
As a member of the Delphia team, you will enjoy a variety of perks and benefits such as:
- Convenience: We are located in the heart of Toronto at the corner of King and Bathurst, accessible via the TTC on the King Streetcar line (504 King).
- Benefits: We offer comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Flexibility: Employees can adjust their work hours and have the option of working from home when the need arises.
- Investment: We offer competitive employee stock options.
- Learning & Development: Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at all levels of our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.