Delphia's mission is to develop an online marketplace in which people and companies can invest their data as assets, control how those assets are used, and realize the economic returns that their data generates. Through our various apps and services, we're building a new kind of company that completely rethinks the value of privacy, data, and accountability.
Delphia is a small team people located near Queen and Bathurst in downtown Toronto. We started in January and have already graduated from YCombinator and received a sizeable seed round investment, with interest from additional investors.
Whether we're tweaking the most minute interface details, or analyzing giant data sets, people at Delphia are creatives at heart. Our teams are continually iterating, solving problems, and working together to build new ways to generate economic returns for our users. Working together, we can help people to realize the actual value of their data - we're just getting started.
You're a creative and confident engineering leader, a talent magnet. You could be an entrepreneur or manager of an established organization. Regardless you've got progressive technical experience, you've grown and developed teams in the past, you have excellent coding skills, and a passion for leading outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and a competent people manager
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Participate in technical design
- Use the latest machine learning technologies in novel ways
- Deliver short and long-term development plans
- Grow and develop a team of engineers successfully
- B.S. in Computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of overall technical experience
- 2+ years of experience building and leading multiple teams of software engineers on large-scale, cloud-based projects
- Demonstrated team building skills - be able to bring people together, hire, develop and motivate staff members, create the right size of challenge projects for team members, and instill a high sense of pride in the team's accomplishments
- Leading teams on large-scale projects that use Machine Learning
- Experience delivering successfully within fast-paced timelines
- Strong leadership skills; a history of recruiting and developing talent and managing geographically distributed teams
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.