Delphia's mission is to develop an online marketplace in which people and companies can invest their data as assets, control how those assets are used, and realize the economic returns that their data generates. Through our various apps and services, we're building a new kind of company that completely rethinks the value of privacy, data, and accountability.
Delphia is a small team people located near Queen and Bathurst in downtown Toronto. We started in January and have already graduated from YCombinator and received a sizeable seed round investment, with interest from additional investors.
Whether we're tweaking the most minute interface details, or analyzing giant data sets, people at Delphia are creatives at heart. Our teams are continually iterating, solving problems, and working together to build new ways to generate economic returns for our users. Working together, we can help people to realize the actual value of their data - we're just getting started.
You're a Security Engineer with a ton of experience securing personal data in real world systems. You're passionate about security, privacy, and taking initiative to make sure that Delphia only makes headlines in the right way. In this role, you'll have opportunities to continue to develop our security practices, educate the team on security and privacy, and champion standards throughout the company.
- Design and help build security solutions
- Develop software to support user data deletion
- Implement safeguards for user data privacy with minimal developer input
- Work with engineering and legal teams to understand data retention, deletion, use and exposure requirements
- Develop a roadmap for future work, track progress against it
- Advocate for and help prioritize security engineering work across Delphia products and services
- Influence the design and implementation of upcoming products and services with security in mind
- Lead all User Data Protection initiatives, one of the most critical cross company engineering domains
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of computer security concepts and practical experience applying them to real-world problems
- Security focused design and architecture skills
- Strong communication skills
- 3+ years of industry security experience
- Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Security patents, technical security conference presentations or other indicators of industry grade expertise
- 3+ years of industry grade code review experience
- Experience running programs that require management team support and agreement
- Python familiarity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.