Large online marketplaces like Amazon have trained consumers to expect products delivered to their doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers within 1-2 days. Deliverr's mission is to enable any seller, regardless of size, to delight their customers with fast and cost-effective fulfillment.
We’re a group of operations gurus, engineers, product experts, customer champions and designers, looking for intelligent, driven and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and backed by a leading silicon valley venture capital firm.
If you get excited thinking about joining a company on a mission to deliver products anywhere in the world within two days - we’re looking for you.
As, Head of Finance, you will lead the financial strategy, manage relationships with current and potential investors and capital partners, lead negotiations and contracts with all partners and build business budgeting and reporting function. This is a leadership role reporting to the CEO.
What you'll do
- Budgeting and Financial Planning and Analysis across all business units
- Supervise partners or employees that help with accounting and controllership
- Lead the commercial negotiations with all vendors
- Partner with CEO and business leaders to set budgets, targets and report on progress against those targets
- Work with board to align on goals, report on actuals and prepare materials for board meetings
- Partner with CEO for cash planning, business planning, equity and debt financing
What we’re looking for
- 6-10 years of professional experience in FP&A, Financial management, budgeting, accounting and negotiations and any other business-related role at a fast-paced company
- Keen commercial sense, business acumen and strategic mindset to help negotiate with partners
- Exceptionally strong grasp of numbers, ability to work with data teams to define finance requirements
- Leadership experience in hiring, managing teams and working with leaders to get alignment
- Experience partnering with CEO on equity and debt fundraising
- Analytical mindset - ability to leverage data to make key decisions
- Incredibly hardworking and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of fulfillment, transportation and carriers contracts
San Francisco, CA or Chicago, IL
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym membership