Large online marketplaces like Amazon have trained consumers to expect products delivered to their doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers within 1-2 days. Deliverr's mission is to enable any seller, regardless of size, to delight their customers with fast and cost-effective fulfillment.
We’re a group of engineers, product experts, customer champions and designers, looking for intelligent, driven and passionate people to help make our vision a reality. We’re based in the heart of San Francisco and backed by a leading silicon valley venture capital firm.
We’re looking for creators! If you are excited about building the backbone to deliver products everywhere in the world within two days - we’re looking for you.
What you'll do
- Reinvent fulfillment by designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving pragmatic software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Be a full business owner: shape the foundation of the product and business that you work on.
- Actively learn new language, techniques, and methodologies.
- Contribute actively to code reviews and design reviews.
What we’re looking for
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Insatiable Curiosity, Undying Passion and Ownership to take on hard real world problems.
- Someone who follows TDD or in general likes to write tests.
- Experience shipping production code with full instrumentation: deployment, logging, and monitoring and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Relational database experience. Understanding of transactions and ACID properties.
Bonus Points for
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Prior experience in Supply Chain, Fulfillment, Logistics, Shipping and Warehouse technologies.
- Machine learning, operations research and optimization, developing large software systems, logistics & fulfillment industry, pricing algorithms, shipping technology.
- Rich github, hackathon accolades or other ways you can show that you love to code
- Knowledge of Typescript or ES6.
- Experience with SQS or other queueing services.
- React and Redux for UI.
- Independent Service Oriented Architectures with services composed of:
- Java, Spring and MySQL RDS.
- Node, Typescript, MySQL RDS.
- DynamoDB for integration services
- SQS for queuing.
- We run on AWS.