Defiant Studios was founded in New York City in 2016 by industry veterans with many decades of experience in designing, building and producing AAA games for a global audience. We strive to create incredible gameplay experiences while working with curious and passionate people. Our focus is to explore and expand the boundaries of cooperative multiplayer games through compelling storytelling woven into unique and beautiful worlds. Defiant is currently developing multiple unannounced projects including a groundbreaking original AAA IP for next generation platforms.
Defiant Studios is looking for a talented Animator who is passionate about movement and wants to be part of a small but veteran team. You are meticulous about minor details but also aware of the importance of larger motions as well. You will be responsible for portraying movement, behavior and giving life to all characters in the game. In addition, you will apply your animation skills to objects, scenery, vegetation, and environmental effects. You must be able to create emotionally believable characters that allow players to interact within the game and connect in a realistic manner.
To apply for this position, please provide a Cover Letter, detailed Resume which includes your current location, and a working link for your portfolio. Further information is provided under our non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate for full-time positions in New York.
- Strong proficiency in animation packages including Maya and 3ds Max as well as experience with proprietary or commercially available game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Possess an ability to learn and work with proprietary animation run-time integration tools
- You are knowledgeable in the technical aspects of rigging and skinning characters for animation
- You have an ability to give characters weight, personality and nuance
- You are comfortable animating in realistic to stylized motions
- You can demonstrate a strong understanding of classic animation principles and fundamentals
- You are comfortable working as part of a team and also on your own
- You have a deep understanding of the production process and the ability to communicate effectively with other disciplines
Defiant Studios offers a comprehensive range of benefits for all full-time employees including 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, company paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 3 weeks of company-wide vacation as well as unlimited paid vacation days. In addition, we offer Relocation Assistance, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Flexible Savings Account Programs, Commuter Tax benefits, flexible work hours and discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy. Defiant Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer.