Defiant Studios was founded in New York City in 2016 by industry veterans with many decades of experience in designing, building and producing AAA games for a global audience. We strive to create incredible gameplay experiences while working with curious and passionate people. Our focus is to explore and expand the boundaries of cooperative multiplayer games through compelling storytelling woven into unique and beautiful worlds. Defiant is currently developing multiple unannounced projects including a groundbreaking original AAA IP for next generation platforms.
Defiant Studio is seeking an experienced UI/UX Designer who can lead the entire user interface and experience for our AAA game projects.
To apply for this position, please provide a Cover Letter, detailed Resume which includes your current location, and a working link for your portfolio. Further information is provided under our non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate for full-time positions in New York.
- Take ownership of the entire user experience pipeline on an upcoming video game title, from design to implementation
- Understand, wrangle, and integrate large amounts of data into a powerful, dynamic, functional, user experience
- Work with artists, game designers, and programmers to fully integrate the aesthetic, mechanical, and technical elements of the product's user experience
- Work closely with the Design and UI teams to conceive and execute upon designs
- Iterate upon designs using playtest, developer, and user feedback
- Continually improve upon the existing user experience, even after a product is launched
- Be an advocate for the highest level of quality, but still be pragmatic as needed based on priorities and timelines
- Prior experience as a UI/UX designer
- Strong knowledge of information architecture and how information can be visually and functionally transformed into an engaging and intuitive user experience
- Strong understanding of how to objectively evaluate a user experience for learnability and usability, and then adjust the design based on empirical data
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Self-motivated towards creatively solving problems
- Passion for role-playing games and gaming in general
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Expertise in cognitive science and usability principles
- Ability to create 2D art in-game and for concepts
Defiant Studios offers a comprehensive range of benefits for all full-time employees including 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, company paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 3 weeks of company-wide vacation as well as unlimited paid vacation days. In addition, we offer Relocation Assistance, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Flexible Savings Account Programs, Commuter Tax benefits, flexible work hours and discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy. Defiant Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer.