Defiant Studios was founded in New York City in 2016 by industry veterans with many decades of experience in designing, building and producing AAA games for a global audience. We strive to create incredible gameplay experiences while working with curious and passionate people. Our focus is to explore and expand the boundaries of cooperative multiplayer games through compelling storytelling woven into unique and beautiful worlds.
Defiant is currently developing multiple unannounced projects including a groundbreaking original AAA IP for next generation platforms.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Gameplay Programmer who exhibits passion and curiosity in building complex gameplay systems. At Defiant Studios, you will work with some of the industry’s most exciting technology and work alongside talented individuals. Together with our design team, you will implement elements of combat and character gameplay with a strong focus on the player experience. You will develop and maintain the tools and systems necessary for designers to create missions, build complex gameplay mechanics, and balance the game.
To apply for this position, please provide a Cover Letter, work samples, and a detailed Resume which includes your current location. Further information is provided under our non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate for full-time positions in New York.
- At least 5 years of AAA game development experience
- A keen sense of what makes gameplay systems fun
- Strong math skills
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong familiarity with AI, physics, animation and gameplay code in general
- At least one shipped AAA title developed from start to finish
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team
- Experience with character scripting, animation blending and similar techniques
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Experience with developing tools and asset pipelines
- Experience with UE4 engine development
- Experience working on multiplayer games
Further information is provided under our non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate for full-time positions in New York.
Defiant Studios offers a comprehensive range of benefits for all full-time employees including 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, company paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 3 weeks of company-wide vacation as well as unlimited paid vacation days. In addition, we offer Relocation Assistance, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Flexible Savings Account Programs, Commuter Tax benefits, flexible work hours and discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy. Defiant Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer.