Defiant Studios was founded in New York City in 2016 by industry veterans with many decades of experience in designing, building and producing AAA games for a global audience. We strive to create incredible gameplay experiences while working with curious and passionate people. Our focus is to explore and expand the boundaries of cooperative multiplayer games through compelling storytelling woven into unique and beautiful worlds. Defiant is currently developing multiple unannounced projects including a groundbreaking original AAA IP for next generation platforms.
Defiant Studios is looking for an experienced Engine Programmer who has a broad range of skill sets and capabilities to help build and develop our projects. This is a rare opportunity to work on an original AAA console title for next generation platforms. We are a small but growing team, so your tasks would be broad giving you opportunities to expand your knowledge across multiple systems and platforms. Most importantly, you would help lead Defiant's research and development into new platforms, architectures and related technologies.
To apply for this position, please provide a Cover Letter, work samples, and a detailed Resume which includes your current location. Further information is provided under our non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate for full-time positions in New York.
- 5+ years of game industry development experience
- Experience with development of at least one AAA shipped title
- Excellent C/C++ knowledge
- Excellent math skills
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Familiarity with multiple game engine architectures and a wide range of game level systems including AI, physics and rendering
- Experience with large codebases with the ability to work on code that you didn't write
- Experience with optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed
- Strong knowledge in software engineering/architecture and design patterns
- Understanding of streaming methodologies, high-level graphics knowledge using Direct3D, DirectX 11/12 or OpenGL.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Autonomous, self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience working in UE4
- Experience in development of FPS titles
Defiant Studios offers a comprehensive range of benefits for all full-time employees including 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, company paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 3 weeks of company-wide vacation as well as unlimited paid vacation days. In addition, we offer Relocation Assistance, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Flexible Savings Account Programs, Commuter Tax benefits, flexible work hours and discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy. Defiant Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer.