Defiant Studios was founded in New York City in 2016 by industry veterans with many decades of experience in designing, building and producing AAA games for a global audience. We strive to create incredible gameplay experiences while working with curious and passionate people. Our focus is to explore and expand the boundaries of cooperative multiplayer games through compelling storytelling woven into unique and beautiful worlds. Defiant is currently developing multiple unannounced projects including a groundbreaking original AAA IP for next generation platforms.
Defiant Studios is looking for an experienced Senior Graphics Programmer to be a key contributor to our team. This is a rare opportunity to work on an unannounced original AAA IP for next generation platforms. At Defiant, you will have an opportunity to help build and create a rendering pipeline from the ground up and help set the vision for how our graphics should look and feel. You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining both high level and low level graphics-related systems. You will also stay on top of new industry trends to develop our next generation graphics engine. We are in particular looking for a render generalist with an aesthetic eye who can work closely with our artists to make our worlds come to life.
To apply for this position, please provide a Cover Letter, work samples, and a detailed Resume which includes your current location. Further information is provided under our non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate for full-time positions in New York.
- 5+ years of experience working in the games industry
- Fluent in C/C++
- Developed at least one AAA title on PS4, Xbox One or PC from start to finish
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math
- Good knowledge of the PS4, Xbox One, DX11/12 rendering architectures and APIs
- Solid background in rendering with experience in shaders, geometry processing and lighting
- Experience with CPU/GPU optimizations
- You are interested in working in all parts of the codebase, as well as doing great things with our renderer
- You have experience with multi-threaded programming.
- You don't mind rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts, even if sometimes they don't work out
- Experience with large codebases, and you have the ability to work on code that you didn't write
- Experience with optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed
- Experience in UE4 development
- Experience in development of FPS titles
Defiant Studios offers a comprehensive range of benefits for all full-time employees including 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, company paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 3 weeks of company-wide vacation as well as unlimited paid vacation days. In addition, we offer Relocation Assistance, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Flexible Savings Account Programs, Commuter Tax benefits, flexible work hours and discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy. Defiant Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer.