is the one-year-old startup that brings machine learning to the factory floors: we automate end-of-line quality control using machine learning. Well funded, with strong customer traction and revenue, we are ready to scale up our business and team. At deevio, data science (applied to images) is the core of our product. We use AI to perform visual inspections of manufactured goods.
We are looking for an experienced head of data science who has a special affinity with images and image processing. As we work in the manufacturing world, our images are usually not cats and dogs but real-life industrial products. Your job is to lead a team to tackle the challenges this brings, such as applying latest classification and object detection algorithms, image synthesization to overcome small amounts of training images, dealing with data drift in deployed solutions, or applying explainable AI techniques.
You will work directly with clients to validate the developed models and help deploy them in their plants. Your collaborative spirit and business acumen match your technical skills, as team-work is the foundation of our success.
- Profound understanding of machine learning algorithms, especially deep learning fundamentals and latest research on image classification, object detection, GANs
- Proven success in developing machine learning and computer vision algorithms using python, tensorflow, OpenCV
- Excellent communication skills to teach other data scientists and stakeholders (management and customers)
- Strategic mindset with a proven track record of translating customer requirements into executable tasks for a data science team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German is a plus
- 4+ years of working experience in relevant areas, ideally in academia and industry
- MSc or PhD in applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or physics
- Applied research: pick and refine state-of-the-art publication that are suitable for industrial datasets’ problems (e.g., small defects, imbalanced datasets)
- Select and execute research topics that extend the company’s product portfolio
- Recruit, retain and develop data scientists delivering innovative, reproducible machine learning solutions that highly impact our customers manufacturing workflows
- Lead the development of our machine learning library and extend it with state-of-the-art algorithms, e.g., for classification, object detection, and anomaly detection
- Ownership over your projects and an empowering working environment
- Freedom to shape your role and significantly impact the company’s direction
- 30 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours, opportunity to work part time
- Snacks, drinks and coffee
- Central office location in Prenzlauer Berg
Your new team
Your new data scientist colleagues feel at home implementing the latest papers from NIPS or CVPR, but also know how to put academic research into engineered solutions. We do knowledge sharing sessions to grow our skillset.
We are a small cross-functional team from seven nations, that joins forces to solve the most challenging problems in the manufacturing industry. Our team combines deep industry expertise in the field of industrial automation with innovative, new ways of building a company. We value transparency, honesty and open-mindedness. Above all we put our culture which is expressed in our core values below:
deevio’s core values
We work as one team
We say what we do and we do what we say
We improve every day
We persevere our way to success