We are looking for hardware engineers with experience integrating advanced sensors onto vehicles, including design and build of mounts and connections to compute hardware. If you are an independent problem solver, have a strong drive to excel, and are looking for opportunities to make a big impact, this is the right place for you.
- Work on sensor mount design, construction and installation on DeepMap and customer vehicles.
- Work on with multiple on-vehicle compute platforms: design, build, support.
- Ensure our vehicles and sensors are available and meet functional requirements.
- Perform evaluation on new sensors, including writing device drivers and data collection software.
- Able to prototype hardware solutions using microcontrollers interfacing to external devices.
- Collaborate with our customers’ engineering teams.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years professional experience in related fields
- Experience in building computers and interfacing sensors with computers.
- Expertise in design and mounting sensors/cameras onto robotic or vehicle platforms.
- Experience in integrating and testing sensor integration onto compute platforms.
- Proven experience on interfacing with customers
- Strong communication skills
- Strong team player
- Experience with CAD design and 3D printing.
- Experience with building and installing mechanical mounts.
- Experience in developing ADAS systems highly desired.
- Solid knowledge with C/C++ and embedded systems.
- Experience in writing device drivers for sensors.
At DeepMap, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status. DeepMap will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. We will also consider qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please let us know and we will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.