DeepCurrent is focused on creating the most efficient invoice processing solution for a world where structured data can be directly leveraged to serve customers, create value and improve quality of work— all without requiring time to master different layouts, structures, input formats or languages. To achieve this, we built cognitive, deep domain products that automate tedious human data extraction and classification tasks, while enabling quick deployment of AI capabilities without the difficulty and delay of trying to build an internal AI expertise.
We are looking for our first Finance hire, meaning you will be responsible for the entire accounting function at DeepCurrent and will play a large role in shaping the future Finance team.
Additionally, your role will be critical in providing financial insights to measure company performance, participate in operational decisions and drive smarter business decisions across all levels of the organization.
What You’ll Get to Do!
- Fulfill all accounting and bookkeeping needs, including: establishing accounting policies and processes, performing month-end activities and owning the chart of accounts
- Partner with managers to develop and track metrics that will positively impact the business
- Support DeepCurrent’s growth initiatives by developing the business case, financial models and analyses for measuring impact of new product launches (e.g. additional vertical launches)
- Corporate Governance, such as: preparation of annual tax returns, advisement on proper insurance coverages and limits and ensuring compliance with local tax authorities
- Put controls in place to manage spend and reduce overhead
- Provide financial planning and analysis support to business functions, ensuring they have the resources and investment allocations to execute and deliver on key initiatives
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a banking, VC or start-up environment
- Expertise with QuickBooks
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
- A desire to dive in and learn about new problems, startups and technology
Bonus Points if…
- CPA Certification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or MBA