The NSETS III Data Quality Engineer:
- Perform root cause analysis of data discrepancies across disparate architectural layers of distributed IT solutions and developing action plans to resolve issues.
- Data profiling of files and databases, reverse engineering of business rules based on the ingestion and data processing code.
- Identify and define cross applications logic to ensure that data anomalies are detected and contained within thresholds.
- Support Data Science and Advanced Analytics project/programs by enforcing best practices and providing solution to data quality issues.
- Provide consistent communications to the stakeholders’ community on Data Quality state to ensure transparency on new features, existing challenges, and use case successes.
- Required Clearance: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required.
- Must have eight (8) years of experience in supporting systems analysis, design, integration & implementation.
- At least five (5) years of experience in reverse engineering and designing complex data models and relationships, data lineage and transformations through multiple systems.
- Proven experience in metadata management, data modeling, Master Data Management (MDM), Data integration, ETL, Data warehouses, and Big data repositories.
- Experience with data discovery, profiling, cleansing and standardization, Data quality rules management, developing reusable data quality validation, data quality monitoring and reporting.
- Proven ability to mine and validate data across structured and unstructured data sets.
- Hands-on data analysis of databases and files using SQL and programming languages such as R, and Python etc.
- Experience with Mongo DB and Arango or similar noSQL databases.
- A mastery of how data quality is measured, including understanding of completeness, uniqueness, validity, accuracy, integrity, timeliness, etc.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, excellent communicator, strong analytical orientation.
- Proven experience of cross functional activity in complex organizations with strong emphasis on influencing and collaboration.
- The ideal candidate will understand how people, process and technology can come together to enable business processes involved in supporting cyber security missions.
- Experience with Start-up/small business operations.
- 2 or more years Proposal Management and Capture Strategy development.
- Experience with State, Local Government Proposal process and associated reviews.
- Experience with delivery of solution architect and analytical services.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in agile development methodology
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.