Decisions Oriented is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to support the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community in operationalizing analytic tools. In this role, the Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for bridging the continuity gaps between analytic prototypes, enterprise deployments and operations. In this role, the Senior DevOps Engineer can work with a variety of teams in an agile/scrum environment. The ideal candidate will be comfortable briefing architecture designs to all levels of operational and technical leadership, as well effectively communicate ideas and solutions across organizational directorates. Required Clearance: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required.
Senior DevOps Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop analytic and performance requirements and use cases for new enterprise integration opportunities between legacy and modernized analytic systems.
- Provide advice and recommendations in the development of transition plans, configuration management plans and risk mitigation plans that integrate functionalities of mission essential tools and capabilities.
- Conduct solution discovery and product evaluations of open source and cutting edge analytic solutions.
- Provide automation & orchestration expertise for the development of metrics and supporting scoring algorithms to scale cyber knowledge management functions to the mission enterprise.
- Lead and conduct Quality Assurance activities to ensure that analytic solutions can be traced to the mission requirement.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline.
- 5 years of experience in engineering and program processes, configuration management (CM), Quality Assurance (QA), Risk Management and Reporting.
- 5 years of experience in software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid to large-scale.
- Operational experience with Cyber operations or support to cyber security systems.
- Competent in understanding and writing code in Java, MapReduce and/or Pig, with the ability to interface with noSQL databases to support analytic functions.
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, Bamboo and FishEye)
- Experience as a government contractor
- Experience with small business development and marketing.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran