Decisions Oriented is seeking a Senior Systems Engineers and Project Engineers for Systems Engineer and Technical Assistant (SETA) positions to support the Department of Defense. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working as part of a team in communicating ideas and solutions to provide program and financial oversight for development projects across organizational directorates. This position will be located in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. Required Clearance: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required.
The SETA will be responsible for:
- Performing tasks related to designing, developing, operating and sustaining capabilities that provide compliance and provenance management of SIGINT and Cybersecurity systems.
- Providing support and guidance the following activities: Financial Management, Systems Engineering, and Programmatic support.
- Providing support, guidance, and expertise in Financial Management Support; advising and assisting in budget creation and financial management activities by following DoD financial management processes and principles.
Providing assistance in:
- Financial planning support.
- Maintaining financial information.
- Reporting financial status.
- Assisting with keeping financial management information accurate and current during the Intelligence Program Objectives Memorandum (IPOM)/Intelligence Budget Estimate Submission (IBES) and Congressional Budget Justification Book (CBJB) builds.
- Advising and assisting in System Engineering activities by applying current DoD and industry best practices in Systems Engineering processes and principals.
Systems Engineering Management:
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and applicability of all systems engineering support activities to include:
- Systems requirements and specifications.
- Systems definitions and designs.
- Systems integration, implementation, and sustainment.
- Assist with the analysis, definition, and application of decision support systems that promote analytical approaches to structure data contextually to enforce system governance, policies and compliance to laws and regulation.
- Assist with the analysis and allocation of requirements to included: decomposition of use cases, user stories and requirements to low level functions, analysis and definition of performance requirements, analysis, definition and traceability of data requirements the definition of internal and external interfaces and integration requirements the allocation of functional architecture requirements.
- Assist with the function synthesis of systems to include the transformation of functional architectures to physical design, defining Analysis of Alternatives, defining system configurations, defining components and data elements, defining physical interfaces and selection of best of breed products.
- Assist with integrating and ensuring specialty engineering disciplines are incorporated into program/projects when required. Specialty Engineering to include: reliability, maintainability, human factors, safety, security, total life cost, and quality assurance engineering.
- Assist with the performance of system gap analysis, identification of areas of redundancy, and assist in identifying and defining remediation solutions.
- Assist with the analysis and tracking of Engineering Change proposals (ECP).
- Providing support, guidance, and expertise in Programmatic Support, including the following:
- Assist with the alignment and prioritization of program/projects.
- Identify program related risk associated with IT and Business Strategy Execution.
- Monitor and report on work effort to ensure programmatic alignment to cost, schedule, and compliance to regulations, policies and strategic intent.
- Effectively balance program accountability with developer autonomy to deliver solutions.
- Effectively utilize collaboration tools for project planning; to document, manage, and track the delivery of solutions.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience leading and managing projects with Agile Program Management.
- Successfully orchestrate the utilization of agile methodology, tools and techniques to successfully manage the delivery of solutions that leads to successful implementation of systems, processes and compliance enforcement capabilities.
- 8+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer generating programmatic documentation to support system architectural and project development plans and other aspects of system engineering such as requirements analysis, design, integration, testing, deployment and operations and maintenance support.
- Demonstrated experience in the DOD/IC sector performing systems engineering tasks and activities.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience in Project Management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified.
Desired Experience & Certifications
- Experience with Agile project management and software development.
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Confluence, Jira).
- Experience with working in a startup/small business.
- Experience in proposal and capture management of government contracts.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran