Provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program. Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies. Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed. Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system. Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information. Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation. Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware. Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes. Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs),
Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs). Supports security authorization activities in compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology Risk Management Framework (NIST RMF). Clearance Required: An active TS/SCI w/ Full Scope Polygraph.
Individual Capabilities Required:
● Five (5) years experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Experience is to include at least one (1) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
● DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level I or higher is required. Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
● Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation. Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
● Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
● Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades.
- IAT Level I or higher is required
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Four (4) years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran