Come be a part of something exciting in the e-commerce world! Curated is changing the way people shop online. Our platform allows domain experts to monetize their passion by helping consumers make difficult buying decisions online.
Our team (~35) is comprised of industry veterans from companies like Google, LinkedIn, and Facebook with multiple successful exits under their belt. We're supported by Forerunner Ventures (Warby Parker, Glossier, Away, Jet.com) and growing fast as we continue to gain traction.
We’re looking for someone to take on a number of strategic, operational and finance/accounting responsibilities. This will start out as an IC role with the intention to hire and build a team over the next few years, and you’ll be reporting directly to the COO.
Responsibilities will include the following + many more:
- Own the company's financial model; develop a strong understanding of key financial levers; review accountant’s monthly close highlighting any issues / concerns
- Assist with company-wide budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with monthly reporting, board materials, fundraising, diligence requests, and other investor facing presentations on an as needed basis
- Model out the P&L impact of business initiatives and provide recommendations that aid decision-making
- Collaborate with marketing, engineering, fulfillment, support, and accounting teams to support new strategic initiatives
- Review, approve and own all new partner relationships across all functional areas (e.g., inventory, technology, banking, etc)
- As needed, assist with legal, HR, supply chain and related projects
What we’re looking for:
- 4-6 years of prior experience in Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Strategic Finance, or Business Operations highly preferred + prior experience at a high-growth start-up a plus
- Strong financial modeling skills and a very high level of comfort with Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets
- Strong presentation skills and high level of comfort with Microsoft Powerpoint / Google Slides
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans
- Prior experience with SQL a strong plus