We’re looking for a digital-first creative graphic designer to help us create a whole host of stuff for all sorts of digital platforms including social media, web, email and more. We’ll be sucking out all your creativity to help grow an exciting disruptive brand.
We’re looking for someone that appreciates the finer details of typography while embracing an inner geekness towards the development of cascading style sheets. Someone’s who’s adept at building out web landing pages while producing groovy product focussed videos for Instagram.
What about a previous life?
Degree level design qualifications plu relevant technical competencies and experience.
Expertise (3 yrs experience) in digital-first graphic design i.e.
- Designing and developing front-ends using HTML and CSS
- Photo, video, and vector creation and editin
- Creative thinking and execution
What kind of thing will you be doing?
Be productive. Day-to-day creation of new creative assets for use on social media, taking ideas from concept phase
to execution. Ad hoc involvement in other creative projects, including web graphics and photo editing.
Be great. It all starts with design so that’s why we need someone to have studied graphic design to a degree level
so that they have a real understanding of the foundations and reasoning.
Be a devil. The devil is in the detail, and that’s where great becomes awesome. When we talk about detail, we mean
animated transitions, timing, spacing, and feel… as a starter.
Be smart. Our customer experience is paramount, so we want someone to own and champion it. To understand
and create ways of optimising our existing journey but without sacrificing visual design. Think logically creative.
Be a chef. We’re not looking for a farmer i.e. someone to build out new design systems and frameworks, but we are
looking for someone who can take raw ideas and turn them into something visually delicious.
What are we not looking for?
In one word... egos. We’re a young business so there’s all sorts of mundane stuff that will need to get done such as banner ads, image sourcing, optimising etc. If you think you’re above all that, you can stop reading now.
Most important of all: we’re looking for someone with boundless creativity and nothing would make you happier than getting paid to design visual media all day long. Here’s some stuff that we’d like you to have...
- A good working understanding of video and image editing software – it doesn’t have to be years of experience, but you should be comfortable using a design platform like Sketch or Adobe.
- A solid portfolio of design examples across digital media.
- An understanding of design best practices for creating new imagery
- An understanding of how social media (especially Instagram and Facebook) works.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail and the ability to interact well with others.
- An excellent multi-tasker with time management skills to match.
- The ability to demonstrate passion about something and the ability to influence other people to feel strongly about it too.
- Enthusiasm & knowledge (and at least to have the willingness to learn about life insurance!)
- Outgoing and very comfortable interacting with other live human beings.
- Self-sufficiency, pro-activeness and to be at your best when given responsibility to just get on with stuff.
- A belief in failing fast, trying lots of things out, and taking quick action when you learn what works and what doesn’t
- Enthusiasm to do more, even if it’s technically not your job.
Working at DeadHappy won’t be for everyone. We’re a new and fast-growing business. We work in a start-up environment which is highly motivated and focused on delivering innovative world-class services, with a tech platform to match. That means getting stuck into what you need to do but also getting involved in things outside of
your experience and functional expertise.
We don’t have beanbags and Xboxes, but the good news is that we’ve moved on from working on scaffolding boards, but if you have a need for home comforts, this probably isn’t the place for you.
We have a brand new coffee machine, an old RedBull fridge, skull tidies, and a huge opportunity for someone to get involved in something we all believe will be very successful. It will be an adventure, we’ll all learn a huge amount along the way, and the best news is that we’ll also pay you some money.
If you’re ambitious, looking to grow and learn, and want to build something awesome, then your search is over.