David Zwirner is currently looking for a highly motivated intern to join our Internship Program at our London gallery.
Qualified candidates should be highly personable, organized, motivated, and responsible, with a polished appearance and an interest in gaining experience in the daily operations of a contemporary art gallery. Please read the specific department descriptions carefully before applying.
Archives & Sales Intern
- Updating Works On View, checklists and factsheets
- Updating books in viewing rooms of specific artists on view,
- Prepare viewing packs, including HD images: one scale image, one image of the work and labels
- Research prices and former auction results for artists on Artnet
- Print high res images and label accordingly
- Sending catalogues and books to clients
- Update or research information in the database
- reporting expenses, researching and booking flights/hotels/restaurants for both directors and artists, arranging transport, researching collectors or artists, update director contacts
- Inbook books and contacts in database
- Update the ‘Shows and Openings (London)’ document on the Google Drive.
- Inbooking of newly received books to DZL Library
- Research archival publications ahead of exhibitions
- Packing books/Archive material to be sent to DZ NY
- Assisting in managing DZL libraries and viewing rooms
- Assist with upcoming openings and events, as well as general support during exhibitions
- Assisting David Zwirner Books with ongoing projects.
- Processing incoming photography
- Resize, manipulate and prepare images for DZDB
- Colour correcting, retouching and printing
- Uploading and sharing of images to relevant servers/dropbox
- Managing Photography calendar
- Press clips and packages, tagging DZ articles, buying more copies if necessary
- Scanning and formatting press clips as well as preparing physical packages and presentations.
- Assisting in organizing the physical and online press archive.
- Assisting at press previews, press conferences, artist book signings, curator tours/talks, and other press related events.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please. Immediate start and eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.