David Zwirner seeks a full-time Sales Assistant to work alongside its Hong Kong sales team. The ideal candidate will have a BA in Art History and/or Arts Administration, and at least two years related experience in the region. Superior communication skills (English & Mandarin), the ability to time manage and meet deadlines, and a thorough working knowledge of contemporary art are required. This position will involve significant contact with curators, artists and long time clients therefore discretion and poise are essential.
- Updating client database with all relevant interest and contact info
- Creating and managing guest lists for exhibitions/dinners, support Director during gallery openings and art fairs
- Organizing Director’s schedule, plan and book travel, keep track of meetings and create expense reports
- Supporting Director in generating artist materials
- Assisting in the preparation for gallery viewings; coordinate installation of artworks, prepare fact sheets & price lists
- Liaising with other gallery staff regarding all aspects of inventory & exhibition management: production, shipping, framing, photography, research, etc.
- Greeting visitors and interfacing with clients at Front Desk
- Attending and recording minutes at weekly sales meetings
- Assisting with credit card payments, as required (with Finance Manager)
- Preference given to candidates with valid HKID and work permit
The position is Tuesday-Saturday, 11:00am to 7:00pm. Applicant will occasionally need to work additional hours for events and openings.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.