David Zwirner seeks to hire an Assistant Photographer to work alongside the gallery’s in-house Photographer. This position will report to the Photography Manager and will assist the Photographer on daily photoshoots, execute the gallery’s videography, and photograph inventory and exhibitions. Qualified candidates should be proactive, motivated, adept at multitasking, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience at a gallery, museum, or comparable arts organization is strongly preferred.
Note: in addition to a resume and cover letter, candidates are required to provide 10-12 examples of relevant work.
- Assist the photographer with all aspects of daily photo shoots (such as preparing and transporting equipment, lighting setup, and file backup)
- Assist photographer with upkeep of studio equipment and supplies
- Assist photographer in labeling and management of camera RAW files
- Liaise retouching and processing of files with the gallery’s in-house Retoucher
- Photograph inventory and exhibitions, as needed
- Image retouching, as needed
- Capture video of gallery exhibitions, artworks, interviews, and events for documentary and marketing purposes
- Capture quality audio from events, walkthroughs, and interviews
- Basic editing of footage for internal, external, and archival purposes
- Work alongside freelance videographers/editors, as needed
- Work with Digital Content team on special projects
- 2+ years related work experience
- BA/BFA in Photography or Studio Art
- Thorough knowledge of DSLR cameras, ProFoto lighting, Adobe Creative Suite, and video editing software; experience with Adobe Premiere for editing and color correcting
- Experience shooting video with DSLR cameras and capturing audio with lapel and shotgun mics for live and staged shoots
- Experience with Hasselblad H series cameras, Adobe AfterEffects, and/or Phocus a plus
- Familiar with videography techniques and best practices
- Extremely organized with a critical eye and attention to detail
- Works well both independently as well as a team member
- Comfortable working directly with artists and artist estates
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.