David Zwirner seeks an Operations Manager for its secondary market gallery. The ideal candidate will have a BA or higher, and at least three years experience in gallery or operations management. Superior organizational skills, the ability to carefully manage multiple projects, and a keen eye for detail are a must.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee facility maintenance of secondary market gallery and administrative offices; manage repairs and day-to-day maintenance
- Manage construction for all on-site exhibitions, as well as general construction projects and building updates
- Hire and coordinate all outside vendors (e.g., HVAC, landscapers, janitorial services); negotiate related maintenance service contracts, obtain and maintain COIs, etc.
- Ensure compliance with building codes, including all required inspections and maintenance
- Plan and execute logistics for all secondary market gallery openings and events (in collaboration with related teams)
- Maintain local IT and telecommunication functionality; work w/ in-house IT team to troubleshoot day-to-day issues
- Oversee the set up of all new workstations, including computers, email, phones, printers, database access, and shared calendars
- Manage and maintain supply ordering and stocking
- BA with 3+ years of related experience working within a commercial art gallery or institution
- Must have strong administrative, organizational, and professional communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented and proactive team player
Position hours are Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm. Candidate will occasionally need to work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.